Thursday, November 17, 2011

PVC + 5 Gallon Buckets = Great Toy Storage!

Here's a quick and easy PVC solution and a fun way to store toys or anything else...

Vivian LOVES putting things away these days...I can only hope that habit will last!  So I thought of making a small (but expandable) "storage shelf" that she can reach and where she can put balls and various other toys.  This project took less than an hour.

Materials needed:
  • 1" schedule 40 PVC pipe.  They sell this in 10' increments which is just about exactly what you need for this project.
  • 4 x 1" PVC slip tees
  • 6 x 1" PVC slip elbows
  • 1 x 1" PVC 4-way cross connector
  • 2 x 1" PVC end caps
  • PVC Pipe cutter (I use a table/chop saw because I cut a LOT of PVC)
  • 3 x 5 gallon buckets (can get at hardware or superstore in paint section)
When I have just a few cuts to make in a 1" or smaller pipe, I will use a pipe cutter.  These range from VERY affordable to my favorite thing...the chopsaw...


 
  1. Cut 10 pieces measuring 10  inches
  2. Cut 2 pieces measuring 4 inches
  3. Cut 3 pieces measuring 2 inches
  4. Assemble as shown

 When adding the buckets, put the buckets face-down and bang the pvc onto them for a snug fit.




You could also paint the whole project now that there is awesome spray paint that bonds to plastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment