Saturday, November 12, 2011

Idea of the Day - Dog Bed for Golf Cart

Anyone who has bought a dog bed...especially one for a car...knows how costly this can be.  In the warmer weather, the dogs ride in the back basket of the cart.

But now the colder weather has arrived...and the new addition to the family doesn't have as much hair as DaisyDivot and tends to get chilly.  I came up with a simple solution (after trying to over complicate things and measure to build something).  There are several great things about this idea...
  • it's temporary
  • it's cheap
  • it's easy
  • it's washable/removable
So I took a piece of elastic I had laying around (you can buy this for about $1 if you don't happen to have any).  I didn't even sew it, I tied it around a laundry basket I bought for about $2, then I took it off and put a blanket into the basket (yes, it's a Burberry plaid...BUT I justify this because I got it at a thrift store for around 4 bucks).

I then tested it on Splash, the shivering short-hair dachshund


Then I simply sat it on the golf cart seat and ran a large hook through the side.  Alternatively you could use cable ties or anything handy...another great thing is that the basket has holes throughout!  So now I have an easily removable, cozy solution for winter rides in the golf cart!



One thing that I will say though, if you are looking for a great dog bed for your car, I can recommend this one from personal experience...



But as far as the golf cart goes, for less than $10 you can have those pups riding in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment